On 01/04/2011, Michael Wondra was ordered to serve 8 months in jail, and 3 years probation. He was granted Huber for AC counseling appointments. He was also ordered to participate in Ms. Dupree’s program at the St. Croix County Jail.
Additional sentencing notes:
1. Provide DNA sample and pay surcharge.
2. Continue with mentalÂ health programming, including VA center program.
3. Absolute sobriety: Zero alcohol, zero controlled substances, zero prescribed medications in your system, on your person, or in your possession at all times while this case is on going including paraphernalia.
4. No contact with Sarah Stout or family.
5. Do not enter any business or establishment where the primary purpose is the sale of alcohol.
6. do not vote until civil rights are restored.
7. do not poses or use any firearms
8. No animal/4 legged creature in home without approval of agent.
9. Follow all rules and regulations of DOC/agent. Cooperate with any correctional programs as directed.
Source: State of Wisconsin vs. Michael J. Wondra- St. Croix County Case Number 2010cf000011.
I believe this is “Justice for Marley” it may not be what I preferred or what others may have wanted, and it certainly does not bring “Marley” back, but I think it may bring a message to those people who abuse animals. A message that says you are not going to get away with this and you are not going to just walk away with a fine or probation; your going to sit in jail and get professional help.Â I’m glad St. Croix County is making him seek help and requiring him to stay away from drugs, guns andÂ alcohol. I’m also glad he cannot have an animal in his home without permission from his agent, I’m sure his agent would not allow it, I hope he would not. I would prefer he never has an animal any where near him ever again. I hope Mr. Wondra never does this again and maybe the counseling he receives will help him.
I would like to thank all those people who called, wrote letters, and showed up in court on “Marley’ behalf and everyone else who was involved with this case. You made a difference!
May poor little ‘Marley” rest in peace.Â Please remember to report abuse- of any kind.